At the Department of Marketing Communications, we know very well that international cooperation can help us acquire valuable experience. That is why we aim to foster an international professional environment for education and research development in the field of marketing communications.
How do we achieve that? Primarily by supporting and initiating international cooperation through joint projects and activities. At the same time, we are open to new networking opportunities and forming strategic partnerships.
Our students frequently take advantage of mobility opportunities within the Erasmus+ programme to acquire new skills and experience abroad. The Faculty of Multimedia Communications has formed partnerships with universities from all over the world, the complete list of which can be found here.
The follow-up Master’s study programme in the full-time form of study includes classes taught in English, in which students have a chance to get to know foreign Erasmus+ students studying in Zlín. These subjects serve as a platform where students can share their international experience with one another.
Besides Erasmus+ studies, incoming foreign students can now attend our summer school. We also offer a follow-up Master’s programme in marketing communications taught completely in English, suitable for both foreign and Czech applicants.
The DMC is involved in international projects, and our teachers often participate in international conferences and publish research in international scientific journals. A brief overview of our international activities in the past two years can be found below.
International Activities in the Years 2019–2020
- Presentation of the DMC, COMAG and FMC at the International Week at the St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences, Austria – November 2019
- Participation in Visegrad Fund projects through Zlin Design Week
- Exhibition Design Lab – 2020 – initiated and led by Zlin Design Week
- Drone Lab – 2020 – Zlin Design Week a project partner
- CulturalLab 2020 – Zlin Design Week a project partner
- Cooperation with SMK University of Applied Social Sciences, Lithuania – December 2020
- 2 international workshops – virtual mobility in Zlín (KUMK/INTPR1, KUMK/MARK1)
- 2 international workshops – virtual mobility in Lithuania, (Audience Development, Arts Marketing)
- Cooperation with FH JOANNEUM, University of Applied Sciences, Austria, 2020/2021
- Preparation of an international workshop within Zlin Design Week
- DMC member of 2 international networks: EdCom and European Creative Business Network
- Start of cooperation with RuPoint.cz, an internet portal for the Russian-speaking community in the Czech Republic
- Start of cooperation with ERA (development of international projects within programmes Creative Europe and Horizon 2020)
- Start of surveying and collecting data about incoming and outgoing students
- Involvement of academic staff in the project INTERCOST
- Involvement of academic staff in co-creating TBU’s international strategy (IKAROS)
- BI Norwegian Business School, Oslo, Norway
- University of Graz, Austria
- St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences, Austria
- Jan Matejko Academy of Fine Arts, Kraków, Poland