The work of the Spatial Design Studio is based on close collaboration with business adn industry. Our main goal is to enable students to work on real-life projects, solve everyday problems, and design meaningful spatial compositions, architectural studies of interiors or small architecture, exhibition spaces, stage designs, or visionary concepts.
We share the professional working space of our studio and school, where all studios work together. This gives birth to many interesting collaborations.
What is important for us? Especially strong ties to the real commissioners, their requirements and eneeds, visions and challenges. All this with an interdisciplinary overlap, which brings an extra to a give situation, location, or product. Or the application, implementation or installation in a particular location. All this represents a mutually beneficial colaboration and interconnection of academic thory with expert practice.
Students need to widen their horizons and that is why familiarization with and monitoring of current deelopments are of such great importance. In order to secure this, the studio organizes excursions abroad, visits to partner companies, and organizes lectures, expert seminars, and workshops.
Constant contact with practical life offers possibilities of collaboration during the selection of themes for bachelor and master theses, their mentoring and final evaluation and presentation.
- Wood Buildings Fair 2015 – Prague–Holešovice, February 11–14, 2015 – Exhibition stand of the Austrian Admonter company (www.admonter.info). Authors: M. Cizner, M. Chomiszak, M. Švancarová
- Ways of Wood 2016 / Admonter (see archiweb)
Exhibitions and Stage Design
- Exhibition – Prague, Galerie Jedné věci December 17, 2014 – January 6, 2015 – title: New Nativity Scenes, authors: semester assignment of the studio’s 2nd-year students
- Collaboration – Museum of Napajedla (www.muzeum.napajedla.cz)
- Exhibition – November 7 – December 5, 2013 – 60 Years of Joy, author: Markéta Shejbalová
- Exhibition – December 12, 2013 – January 9, 2014 – 100 Years of Football in Napajedla, author: Klára Zimová
- Exhibition – August 21 – September 28, 2014 – Jaroslav Novák (August 1968), author: Karin Kopecká
- Exhibition – (permanent exhibition) – Story of Napajedla, author: Kateřina Rašková (preview)
- Exhibition – October 4 – November 4, 2014 – The Last Flight of B-17G, author: Michaela Ondroušková
- Design – Memorial to Fallen Aviators in Napajedla, author: Barbora Pexová (preview)
- Ball – 1st and 2nd Napajedla Representative Ball, author: Michaela Cejnarová