Tomas Bata University in Zlín

Study and Internships Abroad

Study Abroad

Read this section if you are a FMC student and you would like to spend part of your studies as an exchange student abroad.

The most-commonly used programme for mobilities is Erasmus+. It is an EU programme for the 2014–2020, focusing on the support of cooperation and mobilities in all spheres of education, in expert preparation, sports and youth.

The following countries participate in Erasmus+:

  • EU member states Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Croatia, Ireland, Italy, Cyprus, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Hungary, Malta, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
  • EEA countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway
  • Turkey and Macedonia
  • Mobilities to Switzerland should be consulted individually with the staff of the International Department or with the Vice-Dean for International Relations.

How to choose the right university?

The easiest thing to do is to consult the faculty coordinator to help you choose the right university in your field and in a country according to your preferences. The key is to choose a school with a similar range of subjects that you study at TBU. Subjects are then paired and recognized so that after returning, they will only have to do a few exams (or even none) to be able to continue your studies.

What are the conditions?

  • During your stay abroad, you must be a registered student for full-time studies at TBU.
  • You must have completed at least the first year of your bachelor studies.
  • You must in time submit an application to the International Office of the faculty.
  • You must participate in the selection procedure

When and how does the selection procedure take place?

The selection procedure starts in January and applies to mobilities that will take place in the academic year that follows. If there are any vacancies, another selection procedure may take place in October.

During the interview, students must demonstrate professional and character competence for a foreign mobility. Applicants for mobilities (with the exception of the Slovak Republic) must demonstrate a good knowledge of the foreign language in which teaching takes place at the partner institution. The motivation of the student is also evaluated.

What are the mobility rules?

  • The minimum length of a mobility is 3 months.
  • Students must not interrupt or terminate their studies at TBU before or during their mobility.
  • Students can travel repeatedly, at any given level of study (bachelor, master, and doctoral) for a maximum of 12 months during the study of each degree.
  • Previous mobilities at a given level of study are added up.

How much do I get the Erasmus grant?

  • The grant is paid on the basis of a financial agreement based on a fixed sum and length of stay abroad. This is a contribution to increased living costs associated with staying abroad.
  • The amount of the grants varies according to the level of economy of individual countries, a table providing an  overview can be found here.
  • Students from a disadvantaged socio-economic environment may apply for an increased grant. More information can be found here.
  • Students with disabilities or special needs can apply for a special scholarship. For more information go here.

To get help with the selection of the right university, completion of the required documents, and any other questions please contact the faculty coordinator.

The application should be sent to

For more information on the possibilities, conditions and rules of mobilities visit the pages of the TBU International Office.

Faculties and departments