The 7th year of the comic competition CS.KOMIKS.23 starts7. March 2023
Faculty of Multimedia Communications of TUB in Zlín in cooperation with partners – Rotary Club Brno City (CZ), Rotary Club Zvolen (SK), Rotary Club Angoulême (FR), Chambre de Commerce d´ industrie d´ Angoulême, Horácká Gallery in Nové Město na Moravá and AARGH! announce the 7th year of the CS.KOMIKS.23 comics competition for students of secondary, university and higher vocational schools in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
The aim of the competition is to map the Czech and Slovak scene from among students, to confront their works and to support young authors in their development.
Main prize: The winner from the Czech Republic and Slovakia will have the opportunity to visit the Mecca of European comics – the French city of Angoulême and participate in the international comics festival (www.bdangouleme.com).
NEWLY, the jury will select the competition works that will be sent to the JEUNES TALENTS competition at the international festival in Angoulême.
Terms and conditions of the competition
ATTENTION – CHANGES COMPARED TO PREVIOUS YEARS!
- The competition is not limited by age, but the participant must have the status of a full-time student at a school (VŠ, VOŠ, SŠ) located in the territory of the Czech Republic/Slovak Republic on the deadline for submitting works.
- The subject, genre, form and art technique are not limited in any way.
- Works on standardized A3 format (420×297 mm), vertical orientation, maximum number of 3 pages, each on a separate sheet of paper, are accepted for the competition. Either free or adjusted originals (drawings, paintings, combined technique, graphic sheets) or prints (inkjet, laser, solvent) without markings on the back are accepted – please only number the order of the pages. The only identification of the author is the application placed in the envelope with the competition works. The Rotary Club of Brno City will assign serial numbers to the individual works. The evaluation committee will assess the competition works completely anonymously.
- The competition works will remain archived at RC Brno City after the competition has ended and will not be distributed commercially without the permission of the authors.
- The announcer reserves the right to exclude from the competition such works whose content would openly promote a movement aimed at suppressing the rights and freedoms of citizens, or which would grossly disparage any ethnic or religious group.
- The advertiser undertakes to treat the information contained in the application as confidential.
- The winning entry will be published in the comic magazine Aargh!
The announcer will provide the winners
- flight tickets Prague-Paris and back
- tickets for the Paris-Angoulême TGV train and back
- accommodation in Angoulême for the duration of the festival
- season ticket for the comics festival
- March 1, 2023 – official announcement of the competition at the opening of the CS.KOMIKS exhibition
- August 31, 2023 – deadline for competition works (the date of the postmark on the envelope appliesSeptember 30, 2023 – publication of results in the news section on the websites fmk.utb.cz/aktuality, www.rcbrnocity.cz and www.horackagalerie.cz.
- January 2024 – Winner’s trip to Angoulême International Comics Festival
During the year, an exhibition of selected works of the competition will take place in the Horácka Gallery in Nové Město na Moravá, or in other places in the Czech Republic and Slovak Republic.
Send the competition works to the address:
Horácká Gallery in Nové Město na Moravá
Vratislav Square 1
592 31 New Town in Moravia
For any additional questions, use the contacts:
- Věra Staňková, e-mail: email@example.com, phone + 420 735 703 406
- Jiří Malůš, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone + 421 905 616 449
- Jana Dosoudilová, e-mail: email@example.com, phone +420 734 795 681